Our Employee profile this month is Scott West (Compliance Officer). Please see below to get know a bit more about him.
- Why you started working with Primary Care People?I’ve always wanted to get into the recruitment sector, it’s a place that has stuck out for me for a number years now as a role where I could push myself further and get better out of myself. It’s such an interactive environment which is a big thing for me as I enjoy interacting with new people every day. And, what better way to do so working within recruitment.
- What you enjoy most about working here?The team, I’ve worked with some good teams before, but everyone here at Primary Care People are on a different scale. Being the new guy they’ve welcomed me in and taught me a lot. Sometimes you’ll see me sitting still and listening to their conversations (not in an intrusive manor) but I learn so much. To see the relationships they have with their GP’s and nurses and the level of trust is great to see. And that pushes me to do better to achieve more, because I see the great relationships and success they have.
- What do you do in your spare time?
I am quite an active person and not many people would think but I’m rather into Military history, me and a close friend of mine tend to take a random trips over into France, Belgium etc. and visit a lot of the old World War 1 and World War 2 site, Preserved trenches, Memorials, Museums and more.
I am also pretty keen when it comes to paintball, it’s a great buzz and great for days out with your friends or even work colleagues. I’m a very social person and I love going out to see everyone whenever I can. Whether its meeting up for the day or going out at night for a few drinks.
- What is your favourite food?
This has always been a hard one as I like pretty much most food that’s put in front of me, but my favourite would have to go to something so simple but it tastes so good and that’s Fajitas.
- Best advice anyone has given you?
The best advice given to me was definitely from my uncle. He said to me: “No matter how hard life may get, they world doesn’t wait around and it will always turn, so you best get up and start walking with it again before you spend half your life just trying to catch up”.